403 errors

Apr 11, 2014 at 3:35 PM
Hi.

Your library was working perfectly for me until I tried it yesterday. I'm now getting 403 errors returned from the server, which stem from the webClient.downloadData() requests. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks.
May 2, 2014 at 11:45 AM
Hi, I'm also getting 403 errors, but from the Search method. The application I wrote worked fine for some time and then the errors started to came up by themselves, without applying changes to the source code.

Thanks
Developer
May 3, 2014 at 11:05 PM
Same here, I've just started coding my app
Simple as this just for testing
"Dim discogs As Discogs3 = New Discogs3()
discogs.GetArtist(252323)"

But the server is throwing the 403 error, probably missing the Consumer Key and or Consumer Secret
Developer
May 4, 2014 at 3:32 PM
Edited May 5, 2014 at 9:06 PM
The Source code as well the Downloads were updated (Only the API not the Import CLI or Release Viewer Example 1.0)

For correct use you must use this initialization

VB.NET
Dim discogs As Discogs3 = New Discogs3("MyAPP/1.0.3 +http://example.pt/")
C#
Discogs3 discogs = new Discogs3("MyAPP/1.0.3 +http://example.pt/");
Marked as answer by Hitmanpt on 5/5/2014 at 2:06 PM
May 26, 2014 at 8:21 PM
Does it enable us to download images, or is that not fixed yet?

Thanks.
Developer
May 26, 2014 at 8:46 PM
Edited May 26, 2014 at 8:48 PM
It should but doesn't I don't know why... And Discogs Staff was no help... so if you check the documentation you can get a workaround
This fix has not been applied to the DiscogsNet because it violates the ToS of discogs and it can result in your ip getting banned!
When requesting an image use the replace function of VB.net or C# to replace api.discogs.com with "s.pixogs.com"
For example:
Dim PicByte As Byte() = discogs.GetImage(artist.Images(0).Uri150.Replace("api.discogs.com", "s.pixogs.com"))
Remember this fix violates the ToS of discogs! DiscogsNet developpers do not take any responsability if your IP gets banned from Discogs
I've personally used this on one of my projects and so far no ban
Marked as answer by Hitmanpt on 5/26/2014 at 2:30 PM